Installing an internal 2.5 inch SSD hard drive to your sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3)
- With the power off and the sonicTransporter flat on a table bottom down, open the pull out drive door by sliding the latch to the right.
- Slide your new / blank 2.5 inch SSD drive into the slot with the top facing up. You can use any 2.5" SATA SSD drive.
- Close the pull out drive door. Closing the door will push the SSD drive into position.
- Plug in and power on your device.
- Go to http://sonicorbiter.com and click Manage once your sonicTransporter appears under Music Servers.
- Click the Settings tab -> Drive Mounter -> Internal Drive.
- Choose Format Drive Bay Drive. THIS WILL FORMAT THE DRIVE FOR USE WITH YOUR SONICTRANSPORTER I5 (GEN 3). ALL PREVIOUS DATA ON YOUR SSD DRIVE WILL BE DELETED
- Once complete, your SSD drive will appear under Drive Bay Status. Additionally after a restart, under the Apps tab, a new application called Local Storage will appear.